... in my brain actually. My very own brain tumour

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Exciting ideas for the future

My mind is spinning. But it is in gear and operating well. I am finding that my focus is now turning outwards. If you have a look at the section of this blog called “business” at the top of this page, you will understand what I am about to say more clearly.

I have spent a major part of my life developing a very effective business modelling tool called the CPE, which has proved its ability to save floundering small businesses from failure. About 80% to 90% of all new small businesses fail in the first 3 years and this causes huge problems for everyone concerned. It doesn’t need to happen like this at all with proper, professional modelling during the startup phases or even later when the businesses hit bumps in the road.

The CPE tool has been licenced to an organisation called seda which is funded by you and me (the good old tax payer!) and has the full backing of the SA Government. They are doing a fine job and are using the CPE as one of the tools in their tool box. My contract expires at the end of March 2008, after which I must decide if I want to renew it. Now that my health has been hit by my malignant brain tumour, it will not be possible for me to continue with the demanding work of travelling, training, accreditation etc. I desperately and passionately want the tool to remain in the hands of competent, trained, accredited officials throughout South Africa, because I know it is helping the emerging small business community out there.

How am I going to achieve this?

Well, I have decided to sell the CPE technology to seda outright. If they accept the offer, the CPE will belong to seda and they will be able to continue to train and accredit consultants to use it free of charge in the community (that is my desire, anyway). The infrastructure is all in place already. This makes me hopeful and optimistic. It seems that I am personally facing an uncertain future regarding my health. To put it bluntly, I will probably die far sooner than I thought! If my simple plan for the CPE is put into action, it will not die with me.

I am waiting with great anticipation to see if the good people at seda are willing to go ahead with the plan.

Do you see why I am so positive and happy about the future? This is a wonderful opportunity for me to share my life’s experience with many people in a practical way. It will make me very happy indeed.

No comments: