... in my brain actually. My very own brain tumour

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Setback

On the way to my treatment on 28th Feb, I noticed a strange sensation in my left hand, mouth and face. My left hand & arm started twitching convulsively. Of course, I knew what this meant. I was starting to have a seizure. Joan got me to the hospital in double quick time and I was admitted to the ward immediately and put on intravenous anti-convulsants called Epilim [ very expensive ]. I was surprised at how long it took for the seizure to be brought under control. It was a most unpleasant experience both for me and Joan to observe. After getting through the night, I was stabilised. During the night I was amazed to wake up, finding myself being assaulted, punched and slapped in the face. Completely at a loss to understand how a hospital could be run this way. Next day when I spoke to the neurologist, he explained that this was a classic case of alien hand syndrome. Eventually I was discharged on 4th March and am now at home going for treatment daily. Treatment is fine but I am very tired and my left hand is unable to type, so Joan is doing the typing for me. Lets leave it there for the time being. Thanks for all your support. I am blessed with the best friends.

No comments: