... in my brain actually. My very own brain tumour

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Why so quiet?

Why has there been so little from me in my blog lately? The simple answer is that I am now so utterly tired and weak that it is too much effort to keep many things going properly anymore. Sorry. I am trying to rest more and it is helping. I just wish I had had the opportunity to rest more during the whole SEDA saga of getting my computer program sold to them. The massive stress of dealing with the sale has undoubtedly affected my treatment adversely. So please be patient with me. My teatment is still not finished. I have a way to go still. I still get the odd minor seizures from time to time but they are well controlled with drugs and don't make me panic anymore.

Joan is so strong and is holding things together miraculously but I am not completely insensitive and unobsevant. She is taking huge strain and is also showing signs of exhaustion and strain. We are having a hard time. Both my sons, Ian and Michael are extremely caring and supportive. I am blessed with all this, as well as friends, so it is not as if I don't have a support structure. I have a very good one. The blog has been extremely useful for me as personal therapy, but it will probably go through a quiet period for some time till I get my strength back. OK?

2 comments:

JohnW - Sydney said...

No need to apologise for anything my dearest friend. Look after yourself as best you can. And as for Joan - what a saint!

Fondest love to you both and thinking of you every day.

John

Andrew and Elizabeth said...

John it was really great to hear from you again after the break. We continue to keep you in our prayers and are encouraged by the strength of your resolve. Love to you and Joan.